Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?

Room 202 needs your help. Can you take a few minutes to complete the Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader? survey found HERE Please do not phone a friend or access any online resources for assistance while answering the questions. After you've completed the survey, please leave a comment on this page summarizing your experience with the questions. We'd like to know your age, profession, time spent on the survey, and opinions about the questions. My students and I are convinced that a lot of the questions that the PA Dept of Ed has released as sample items for the fifth grade math PSSA's are too wordy and complicated for fifth graders. We'd like to hear your thoughts. If you can share the link to this survey on your Facebook wall to help us get more participants for the survey, we would appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. I am 54 and now teach 4th grade but was the 5th grade math teacher for all math for 8 years. I probably spent 15 minutes on the problems, mainly the book problem and the fraction problem. Those were the two I had to write something to solve. My advanced math class were the only ones who could have even attempted those problems and even in that class my best of the best who think abstractly. Surely they are not all like that and those are meant for the top students. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete